Donate

How to Get out Of ELO Hell 101: Part 1

Welcome to ELO Hell 101, I'm Nick and I'll be here to teach you how to get out of ELO Hell.  Whether it takes two days or two months, I'll do my very best to walk you through my best tips and tricks for carrying yourself out of ELO Hell and into at least Bronze rating.  I myself found that once I was at least Bronze I felt a lot less self conscious about my rating (not that you should care, its League of Legends) and was able to more enjoy the game.  Do I still rage at ELO HELL TERROR and all that? Yes. That's not going to go away, however you can do a few things to significantly lower your raging.

So welcome to class, ELO Hell 101.

Lesson 1: Find a Duo Queue Partner
Before it used to be sort of taboo to have a duo queue partner, because it was "Solo Queue" and people frowned upon it.  However, with the new implementation of "Solo/Duo Queue" as the title, it is no longer frowned upon.  There are a few things you want from your Duo partner though.
#1: Know the person relatively well. Why do I say this? First off it allows you to have good contact with the person.  So that way you can always be like "Hey broseidon, king of the brocean leggo" and bam you guys are queue'd up!  However, also it helps to have a duo queue partner to coordinate in game!  In a perfect world, before the game starts up the whole team hops in Vent/Skype/etc and then the Solo Queue turns into more of a 5-man Ranked team.  Still, having someone you can coordinate with makes things a lot easier.  Use this to your advantage!
#2: Know each other's strengths and weakness. This one kind of is similar to #1, but its mainly for two reasons.  One is simply so they can help you secure a role.  If that means you are the WORST AP Mid, your buddy can take AP Mid even if its his 2nd best just so you're not stuck with it.  It also allows more sway if he's first pick and he can first pick you a champion.  Secondly, if he knows you're not this godly Wukong or Brand or Caitlyn, he won't rage at you.  If you just queue up with some guy you DESTROYED as Graves in a solo queue and play Kog'maw and don't do as hot, he's probably gonna judge you a little.  However, if you knew him a bit better, wouldn't be that problem.  That way you don't have to stress about it!
#3: Be within 100 ELO. But wouldn't it be so fun to queue with your 1500 friend when you're 1000? Not for the other people, plus you're probably gonna get stomped.  Why? Because its gonna put you around the 1300-1400 bracket.  Its a douchey move that messes with the matchmaking.  I'll admit I have played with my 1100 friend while I was 1300, but then I found myself playing a lot worse when I got to my actual ELO.
#4: Play complementing roles. Since you'll be communicating with each other, use that to your advantage!  What does that mean?  Majority of the time, you want your Duo partner to be able to jungle (or you can jungle and they can take lane) because then it doesn't matter which lane you are.  Another option is to play a mid or top that can easily gank top or mid respectively.  That way you guys can coordinate jungle ganks, lane ganks, call missings much easier.  I don't recommend playing support/ranged ad and then your friend playing top. However, if top takes teleport the concept still works when ganking bottom or taking dragons. A last resort but I do not recomend always is to play the two bot lane champions.  Many people do this, and you'll most likely win your lane against two people that aren't duo, however the problem is that you only have control over one lane.  Yes you can gank other lanes, but leaving bot to gank before your get your tower is very difficult to gank.

That's all for this post, I hope you guys learned some! If you have any questions or comments, please comment here or contact me through Facebook or Twitter!  If you want to see an example of me using a Duo Partner to control Top Lane and Jungle, click Here!

Nick "DoubleWinning" Gustafson
doublewinningg@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/doublewinning
www.youtube.com/doublewinning
www.twitter.com/doublewinning

0 comments:

Post a Comment